Statements of Beliefs
- We believe that God is the ultimate source of truth and that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God.
- We believe that God is Spirit, infinite, personal, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, grace, goodness, and truth.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary, lived a sinless life, and died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and that He offers eternal life to those who confess their sins and accept Him as their Lord and Savior.
- We believe that Christian integrity must characterize all we do. We believe that an education, should include the development of Christian spirituality, gives life divine direction, gives perspective to knowledge, and leads students to seek God’s leadership in their lives.
- We believe that the primary responsibility of Christian churches, schools, and parents is the preparation of young people for a life of Christian discipleship.
- We believe the primary academic responsibility of MCCS is to provide an education with a goal of academic excellence and prepares the students for college and life in a nurturing Christian environment.
- We believe that by learning Biblical truths along with other disciplines helps make spirituality a natural part of the student’s lives.
- We believe that a Christian worldview sees all of life as a part of God’s creation, accepting the Biblical principles as the standard established by God, the Creator. All of life is religious in the sense that God ultimately governs all of life.
- We believe that Christian ethics with spiritual motivation are invaluable to the individual and to society.
- We believe students can be challenged to fulfill their God-given potential in a safe, nurturing environment where every aspect of life is addressed: spiritual, intellectual, artistic, social, moral, and physical.
- We believe marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman.
Our educational program is grounded in Christian teachings and is presented from a Christian perspective. The development of the “whole child” is emphasized as spiritual, mental, physical, and social growth is nurtured. The application of concepts taught is based on the belief that an education grounded in Christian principles and presented in a Christian environment will enhance the student’s life and help him to develop a personal relationship with God through his acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, and to help him to learn to love others as himself, have a proper love for himself, and have a love for his country and his environment.
“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him. Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as we have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.” (Colossians 2:6-8)
Our goals as the MCCS staff and school board are to:
- Seek God’s will continually in planning for the future of MCCS.
- Encourage and assist each student to develop a personal relationship with God.
- Demonstrate Christian teachings in every aspect of MCCS curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Provide the highest level of academic excellence that encourages each student to develop his God-given potential to its fullest extent and to help him to meet the ever-changing demands of contemporary society.
- Provide an encouraging, caring environment, which attracts and maintains a qualified faculty and staff committed to the mission of MCCS.
- Encourage continued spiritual and professional growth for all faculty and staff of MCCS.
- Provide financial, professional, and personal support for the faculty and staff in fulfillment of the mission of MCCS.
- Provide a variety of curricular and extra-curricular activities for the development of the whole person, preparing our students for high school, college, and “real life” experiences.
- Provide increasing levels of services to students, families, the school community, and to the community at large.
- Provide a safe and physically comfortable environment where a high level of learning can occur.
- Provide the resources, equipment, and physical activities which promote academic excellence and success.